Position Type: Part Time / Permanent 15 hours per week (negotiable)
Location: Abbotsford, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Reports to: Owner / Director
Melbourne based label Caves Collect was established in 2014 by Johanna Howe and Sarah Russell. The label exemplifies an elegance which is both easy and honest, focusing on ethical wardrobe classics made from premium materials.
Howe and Russell are firm believers in conveying an appreciation for the making process, advocating for sustainable and local manufacturing. All Caves Collect clothing and leather goods are made in Melbourne – Australia.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn on the ground the often complex and multidimensional nature of running a small clothing and leather goods business. You’ll be working closely with the owner / designer in all aspects of the design process from sourcing fabrics, fitting toils, working with contract pattern makers, graders and local manufactures to develop designs to the highly finessed and resolved level that Caves Collect is known for.
BENEFITS- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous clothing allowance and discounts
- Located at the beautiful Abbotsford Convent
- Supportive and female led friendly environment
Essential- Completed or enrolled in a degree or diploma in Fashion Design
- Keen attention to detail
- Interest in sustainable and ethical practices in the fashion industry
Desired but not necessary- Experience Working in the Fashion Industry
- Intermediate skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Intermediate to High level skills in Microsoft Suite, in particular Excel / Google Sheets
Production : Assist the designer to develop designs. Assist the designer to efficiently and accurately execute production runs, whilst maintaining and updating systems.
- Update relevant production spreadsheets.
- Create specification sheets for all styles.
- Annotate samples.
- Compile fabric and trim orders.
- Administer any wash and wear testing as required.
- Manage the compilation of production packs.
- Assist in resolving production issues.
- Liaise with manufacturers to QC production runs.
- Maintain stock levels of core components and materials for production and packaging.
- Check accuracy of patterns before they are graded.
- Press exchanges.
- Minor repairs.
- Sew toils.
- Minor pattern making alterations.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 6th of May 2022